Carrying some Percussion Instruments around with you is always a good idea. You never know when you might want to use it, so it’s good to have a few things with you. A Tamborine is pretty essential and should be part of a drummers armoury. Shakers, maraca or a cabasa are are fun and can help the groove when you’re in the studio or playing live.
It doesn’t have to cost a fortune and they’re generally pretty easy to play.
Check out how to play a Cabasa and Maraca below.
Watch the Video for more information !
Here’s a few that could be useful live or in the studio.
RockJam Professional Bongos With Deluxe Padded Bag – Natural
£28.20 in stock
3 used from £24.33
- Real Wooden Construction
- Authentic Skin Heads
- Fully Tuneable (includes tuning key)
- Complete With High Quality Padded Case
- Standard Size Heads
Tiger Large Wooden Cabasa – Rubber Coated Handle and Steel Ball Cylinder
- A fun piece of hand percussion with a great sound
- Long rubber-coated wooden handle for comfort
- Can be shaken or twisted to make sound
- Made with steel to produce a rattlesnake sound
- A hugely popular piece of percussion in schools, theatres, and recording studios
Meinl ESSET Egg-Shaker Assortment Four Sounds, 4 Pieces
£5.55 in stock
- Range of volume from soft to extra loud
- 4 colours for easy recognition
- Volume is printed on shaker
Muslady Steel Tongue Drum 5.5 Inch Mini 8-Tone C Key Percussion Instrument Hand Pan Drum with Drum Mallets Carry Bag (Purple)
- 5.5in mini steel tongue drum specially for children musical education.
- Easy to play, just using the included mallets to beat the drum tongues, then you will have beautiful sounds.
- Standard C key and 8 tones, allows you to play some simple songs.
- High-quality alloy steel material, surface painted with pearl finish, exquisite and anti-corrosion.
- Comes with a drum bags, you can bring the drum with you wherever you go.
Wind Chimes with 30 Musical Notes, size 60 cm
- This 30 note chime has a charming calm tinkle to it
- Made from Bamboo with aluminum chimes
- This item is handmade in Bali
- Size : 60 x 28cm
- Fair Trade Product
Pop Wooden Cabasa Shaker Small Hand Percussion Instrument Medium Small Size – S
- Brand New & High Quality
- Easy for kids and students to use
- Beads can be rotated around the textured steel or the instrument can be spun or shaken for varying sounds
- Provide a rhythmical scraping rattling sound, similar to the sound of rattlesnake
- Used for accompaniment to music or music therapy
Meinl Percussion CFJS2S-BK Foot Tambourine with Steel Jingles and MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard) Frame, Black
- Meinl Percussion Compact Foot Tambourine
- Stainless steel jingles.
- Ergonomic design / MDF (medium-density fibreboard) body.
- Easy to attach.
- Box contents: 1 x CFJS2S-BK compact foot tambourine.
Latin Percussion LP862565 Large Session Shaker
£12.80 in stock
- 5″ synthetic tube shaker
- Rubber-like grip surface
- Molded end caps
8 Player Classroom Percussion Pack – Package of Percussion Instruments including Triangle, Shakers, Tambourines, Agogo, Claves, Maracas and Bells – Comes with Handy Carry Bag
- Fantastic 8 player percussion pack, perfect for the classroom and percussion groups
- Pack includes many percussive instruments such as tambourines, maracas, shakers and claves
- Comes with a padded carry bag for easy transportation and protection of your instruments
- The bag comes with a carry handle and heavy duty zips for maximum durability
- Please note that the colour and size may vary on these items due to stock availability
Meinl CL1RW Classic Claves, Solid Redwood
£7.15 in stock
1 used from £6.25
- Solid body
Meinl NINO502 Wood Claves, Small
- size Small
- Material Rubber Wood
- Sold as pairs
A-Star Hardwood Kokiriko
- Hardwood kokiriko (also know as a “pocket rattle”)
- Traditional japanese percussion instrument for versatile sound effects
- Perfect for school percussion workshops
- Numerous effects and rhythms can be created depending upon how fast or slow it is played
- Produces the sound effect of “dominoes falling” as wooden slats strike one another
Stagg 11856 Wooden Guiro Tone Block
- Medium sized single tone wood block
- Supplied with beater
- Brilliant for children and schools
Child Percussion Instrument Set NASUM Musical Instruments Rhythm Toys Set for Kids,Colorful Design,Educational Toys,Healthy Gift,for Kindergarten Teaching,Family Learning,Playing,with a Bag (15PCS)
- ♥【Music Education】Suitable for kindergarten and primary school children’s groups or individuals playing.Excellent gift for music education and fun.Excellent gift for children’s birthday, Christmas, Children’s Day and other festivals.
- ♥【Safe and Reliable】Made of natural wood and non-toxic plastic,the instruments has smooth surface,without sharp edges and stink,ensure safety,which is good for children even under 3 years old.Don’t worry that it would hurt your baby.
- ♥【Package Include】A complete percussion instrument set in one PVC bag, including 10 kinds instruments, Maracas, Shaker Eggs, Finger Castanets(or Clicker), Handle Sleigh Bells(Rattles), Touching Bells, Rainbow Bell Stick, Tambourine, Tone Blocks, Jingle Stick and Kazoo.
- ♥【Feature】Clear crisp sound and excellent quality. Various kinds of instruments provide a variety of timbre and performance styles,really funny!Let your child have a nice time with creative funny games,or make their own “bands” with his friends or parents.
- ♥【Suitable for Little Child】Easy for little hands to pick up,easy to make sound and play.Come with a bag,protecting the instruments and easy to take out for fun.
Percussion Workshop CB8 Coloured Combi Hand Bells (Set of 8)
- Set of 8 notes, c64 – c76
- Combi hand bells – shake or press top of bell to make sound
- Superb tone and tuning
- Combine with the cb5 to create a full chromatic scale
- Percussion workshop bells use the same colour coding as boomwhackers and kb10 chime bars