If you’ve started playing live with your band and you need to get your drums louder then you should consider your own set of drum mics. When the venue you are playing has its own PA or you’ve rented a rented a PA then the mics should be supplied. But if you’ve band is using its own small PA and mixer then why not use your own mics.
- At gigs are you playing live with the bands own PA ?
- Are you playing with in ear monitors at your gigs ?
- Are you struggling to hear your drums at a gig or in rehearsals ?
- If the answers are YES then think about getting your own drum mic set !
Drum mics don’t have to be to expensive up until a certain level of venue and PA. When you hit the bigger gigs the PA will be supplied or rented in by the band. The PA company or venue should supply a selection of hi end mics for your drum kit. In he meantime a cheaper set of mics will probably do the job really well with your own small PA, rehearsal room or home studio. Remember, always get your kit sounding the best you can before you mic it up ! Garbage into the mics – Garbage out of the mics !
It can get loud on stage and it’s pretty easy for the drums to be drowned out by bass and guitar amps and vocal wedges. The snare drum and kick drum are the really essential drums you need to hear. When you can’t hear them it’s going to hold back your playing and could effect your timing.
Remember you’re going to need mic stands or clips to attach your mics to the drums !
Take a look at some starter drum mic kit that could solve your problem.
AKG Drum Set Session 1 Drum Microphone Pack
£222.00 in stock
- Pack of drum mics perfect for any kit
- Includes bass drum mic, overheads and tom/snare mics and appropriate clips
- Comes in a rugged carry case for transport to and from gigs
- High quality akg mics for a great drum sound
- High spl capacity
Drum Microphones Set: ‘Nordell’ 7 Pce Mic Kit, 5 Rim Clips, 7 XLR Cables + Case
£146.97 in stock
- SOUND GREAT! These Drum Microphones punch WELL above their weight/price tag. WELL above.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: You don’t need to worry about manufacturing faults – you’re covered. For Life.
- WELL MADE: You don’t have to worry about cheap plasticky mics here. These are metal, VERY well made!
- ROAD READY: The hard ABS case (included) has a padded lining with cut-outs to keep your mics safe
- MONEYBACK GUARANTEE: If you’re not happy, we pay return costs – it costs you NOTHING to try!
Pyle PDKM7 Dynamic 7 Piece Drum Microphone Set with Carry Case & Mounting Accessories
- High quality back electret condenser capsule
- Flat frequency response and superior emi suppression
- Uni directional polar pattern
- Easy to match instrument; easy to fit foam windscreen
- Sensitive, flat response mic ideal for overhead and cymbal reproduction
Audio-Technica MBDK5 MB Packs Drum Pack Midnight Blues 5 Microphones Drum Pack – Navy
£174.00 in stock
- Custom-engineered for use on snare, tom and kick drums
- Road-ready all-metal construction
- Low-profile percussion-style design
- Built-in adjustable stand mount
Drum Microphones: 7 Piece set of Drum Mics with 4 FREE Rim Clips and 7 FREE Cables!
- The DKIT-7Plus comes in a carrying case, together with stand clamps and wind screens
- 7 cables & 5 Rim Mounts
LD Systems 7-Piece Drum Microphone Set
- 7 pickups set consisting of a dynamic Micro percussion Graves, 4 Tom/Snare dynamic microphones and 2 x overhead condenser super-cardioid.
- All microphones are complete with clips
- Plastic case
- Special Relationship for money
Wired Drum Microphone Kit for Drum and Other Musical Instruments (A whole set)
- Kit includes: 1Big Drum Microphone+4Small Drum Microphones+2Condenser Microphones +2 Holders+4Clamps for Microphones+2Windscreens for Condenser Microphones+1 Carrying Case
- It has compact drum microphones for close miking
- It features high-performance microphone tuned to capture low-end punch
- It is sensitive, flat response mic ideal for overhead and cymbal reproduction
- A convenient and lightweight carrying case protects your microphones and allow for quick setup and safe transport.